- Three words: Friendly, relaxed and easy going.
- length of route walked: Approximately 12 miles
- Starting location: Shortly outside of Wells.
- Liturgy vibe – There is a Catholic priest who walks with us, but all of our liturgy is organised within the leg with members sharing reflections on a theme. We also join the Catholic parish on Thursday night for communion.
- Cross weight/size: Lightweight cross with a one person cross option
easter leg / short bio
easter / The 'one day' leg
Easter meet up in Walsingham on Thursday to start celebrating the Easter services with the local parish followed by an evening of getting to know each other. We walk the 10 miles from Wells to Walsingham the next day, stopping along the way for reflections on our theme prepared by volunteers from the leg. The small amount of time together does not stop us from forming great friendships. Walkers on Easter arrange their own accommodation and travel – the fee goes towards the cost of two main meals and other general expenses. This group is for everyone, from those with young children, limited mobility, or work commitments – our wide age range leads to very interesting conversations. All who want to celebrate Easter in word and song are welcome!